There is so much to consider! Buying you’re a home is an exciting experience that should also be fun for your real estate agent as well. It is important to find a real estate agent that is experienced in buying. Not all real estate agents have experience in both buying and selling real estate. For first time home buyers is it important to find a real estate agent that is experienced with first time buyers as there can be first time buyer programs and more available down payment options. Buying a home isn’t as simple as just finding the house and then paying for it. It is important to use a real estate agent to help you with buying and securing the home you want and deserve.
There are so many benefits to buying a home. Please follow this link to see a list of the top 10 reasons to buy a home in Saskatoon and the surrounding area.
Find A Home
- Find a real estate agent with buyers experience, Kari Calder is a great selection!
- Get pre-qualified for a mortgage, see your bank or mobile mortgage specialist. I work with several mortgage specialists who I am happy to refer you to.
- Decide what mortgage payments you’re comfortable with.
- Determine what type of home you are looking for and the location in Saskatoon or the surrounding area you would like to be in. Once we meet we will sit down and do an analysis of what you are looking for against the current Saskatoon real estate market. I can provide detailed information on the current Saskatoon real estate market as well as information on Saskatoon Neighborhoods, and surrounding areas.
- Know all of the purchasing costs (survey, tax, lawyer, etc). When we meet I can provide you a list of costs that are associated with buying the type of property you are looking at.
- Schedule appointments with Kari Calder to view homes that you are interested in.
- Wait for the right home to make an offer, be prepared to negotiate, but also be prepared to act quick as the Saskatoon real estate market is a hot market.
After The Deal Is Made
- Meet with your bank or mortgage specialist to go over the terms of the deal.
- Arrange for a home inspection and a survey as needed. I work with several home inspectors and can recommend one as needed.
- Arrange for home insurance. I can recommend several insurance brokers.
- Give notice to your landlord (usually by the 1st of the 15th of the month but check before you are ready to purchase a home).
- Hire a mover. I can recommend several moving companies that I work with.
- And finally… start building equity in your new home.
If you are looking for a real estate agent to represent you in Saskatoon or surrounding area markets or just have general questions about the Saskatoon real estate market please feel free to contact me at anytime.